Our mission, vision and values
Migraine is the most common neurological disorder in the UK affecting 1 in 7 people. It is one of the most disabling lifetime conditions and causes 190,000 attacks every day. Yet migraine is one of the most misunderstood and underfunded medical conditions in modern medicine.
Sadly migraine is often trivialised – it does not attract the sympathy or attributed seriousness as comparable conditions. Many individuals struggle for years to manage their migraine and the enormous burden it can have on work, family and social lives.
The Migraine Trust is working to change this.
To promote research into migraine and reduce its burden on sufferers.
A cure for migraine.
Our organisational values are the most important thing to us. All our decisions and actions are guided by our values. We expect everyone who works for us to model and champion them in their day-to-day work:
- Integrity – we are trustworthy, transparent, honest and impartial
- Inspiring – we make things happen, we are forward thinking and are leaders in our field
- Knowledgeable – we use and share evidence and up to date research findings
- Listen – everything we do is based on the experiences of people affected by migraine
- Ambitious – we are committed and demand better
- Community – we bring the migraine community together
Support our charitable work
As a charity we need your help to continue our valuable work and reach even more people affected by migraine. Please make a donation today to help us immediately. Or you might consider remembering us in your Will to support migraine understanding and awareness long into the future.