Managing Your Migraine Cardiff
- Saturday 19th October 2019
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Cardiff Marriot Hotel - Mill Lane, Cardiff CF10 1EZ
Our Managing Your Migraine event in Cardiff, in partnership with the British Association for the Study of Headache, is designed to support people living with migraine and those with an interest in learning more about the condition.
The programme for the day will include presentations from clinicians who will be talking about issues specific to migraine treatment and how to live with the condition. You will also hear about The Migraine Trust and our services and there will be opportunities to talk with other people living with migraine.
The programme includes a session on managing migraine in children and Gus Baldwin, our new chief executive, will be discussing our consultation on the future direction of the charity.
Light refreshments will be provided.
09.15 Registration and meeting others in your area
09.45 Welcome, introductions and your views on our emerging strategy
09.55 What is migraine?
10.25 Acute and preventive medicines
11.10 Refreshment break
11.30 Managing migraine in children
12.00 What is on the horizon?: new treatments for people with migraine
12.55 The results of The Migraine Trust consultation on the future of our charity
Gus Baldwin – Chief Executive, The Migraine Trust
- Dr Owain Crimmins, Consultant physician with a special interest in headache, Bridgend Clinic
- Dr Sam Abdallah, GP with a special interest in headache and migraine, Northampton General Hospital
- Angela Abdallah, Headache specialist nurse, Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
- Stacey Pruett, Headache specialist nurse, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Joanne Mortimer, Trainee advanced headache nurse, Great Ormond Street Hospital
Tickets are £10 (£6 concession) and can be purchased by calling 0203 9510 150.