The Susan Haydon Bursary
We are offering a grant of up to £1,000 for students and professionals with an interest in headache, in honour of Susan Haydon.
What is the Susan Haydon bursary?
In honour of Susan Haydon (our former Information and Support Services Manager) we are offering a grant to support students and professionals with an interest in headache. We will offer up to £1,000 to anyone who is:
- studying a Masters degree and undertaking a dissertation on a headache related topic.
- looking to improve their knowledge and understanding of headache via Continuing Professional Development (CPD), such as attending an event, training course or study day.
The Susan Haydon Bursary eligibility criteria
- Applications are welcome from students and professionals with an interest in headache based in the UK.
- Applicants need to demonstrate their interest in headache, and how the funding will support them.
- Successful applicant(s) will be expected to work with The Migraine Trust, supporting communication and awareness of The Susan Haydon Bursary. This will be agreed between the applicant and The Migraine Trust.
- For dissertation applications:
- the title needs to have been approved prior to applying for funding.
- the funding request needs to be reasonable and evidence provided for how it will be used.
- the dissertation needs to be for the upcoming academic year.
- For CPD applications:
- the CPD opportunity should have been identified.
- a place on the course, event or study day should be available.
- the funding request can include funding for travel to and from the course, event or study day.
- funding for the course, event or study day will be paid directly to the organiser.
- If the applicant doesn’t complete their dissertation or attend the course, or there is evidence of funds being misused The Migraine Trust may seek full reimbursement.
The closing date for applications has passed for this year.
If you would like more information about the bursary or have questions about the application please contact Gemma Jolly, Information and Support Services Manager.