Top fundraising ideas
There are lots of different ways to fundraise for The Migraine Trust and we have a dedicated team on hand to support you throughout the process and provide you with the tools you need to make the most out of your event
Organised challenge events
There are lots of organised challenge events up and down the country (and even abroad!) that you can take part in for The Migraine Trust.
We occasionally have charity places available for well known challenge events (see our fundraising events list for details), which you can apply for and pledge to raise a minimum level of sponsorship for us. If this isn’t your cup of tea then why not register for your own place in an event of your choosing:
From 5Ks and fun runs through to marathons, there are lots of running events throughout the year and across the country. Have a look at the Running Diary website to find a race to suit you.
If cycling is more your thing then check out the Bike Events website, which lists many cycling events in the UK and abroad.
For our water loving supporters why not check out the Bupa Great Swim series.
We work with Action Challenge to provide fundraisers with the opportunity to take part in a number of ultra-marathons and treks such as the London 2 Brighton or Thames Path Challenges. Have a look at their website for more ideas.
Other fundraising ideas
Challenge events aren’t everyone’s idea of fun and there are plenty of other ways to get involved:
- Have a Migraine Meet-up – invite friends and family to a relaxed coffee morning, brunch or afternoon tea. Have fun and socialise whilst raising awareness of migraine and much needed funds for The Migraine Trust. Visit our Migraine Meet-ups page to download a fundraising pack and lots of resources to make your event a success.
- Place a collection box in your workplace – You can request one of our boxes by completing our contact form here.
- Organise a dress down day – Ask your workplace or local school to hold a dress down day in return for a small donation from staff/pupils.
- Ask friends to make a donation in lieu of presents – If you are celebrating a special day why not ask people to make a donation to The Migraine Trust instead of giving gifts?
The world is your oyster when it comes to fundraising and if you’ve got an idea that’s not on this list you can always get in touch with our fundraising team to discuss it.
If you’re looking for inspiration you can look at our fundraising hall of fame to see what others have done.
Whatever event you decide to take part in, be it an organised challenge event or one of your own making, our fundraising team will be on hand to support you throughout providing all the support and tools you need. We can provide information on:
- Setting up a JustGiving fundraising page to receive online sponsorship
- How to maximise your sponsorship
- How to receive your free Migraine Trust athletic vest and other fundraising materials such as balloons, leaflets and collection buckets.
If you’ve got any questions or would like to request any fundraising materials then please do get in touch via our contact form or call 0203 9510 150 – we’ll be happy to hear from you!