Top fundraising ideas
There are lots of different ways to fundraise for The Migraine Trust and we have a dedicated team on hand to support you throughout the process and provide you with the tools you need to make the most out of your event
Organised challenge events
There are lots of organised challenge events up and down the country (and even abroad!) that you can take part in for The Migraine Trust.
We have charity places for the Virgin Money London Marathon and the Virgin Sport British 10K London Run (see our fundraising events list for details), which you can apply for and pledge to raise a minimum level of sponsorship for us. If this isn’t your cup of tea then why not register for your own place in an event of your choosing:
From 5Ks and fun runs through to marathons, there are lots of running events throughout the year and across the country. Have a look at the Running Diary website to find a race to suit you.
If cycling is more your thing then check out the Bike Events website, which lists many cycling events in the UK and abroad.
For our water loving supporters why not check out the Bupa Great Swim series.
We work with Action Challenge to provide fundraisers with the opportunity to take part in a number of ultra-marathons and treks such as the London 2 Brighton or Thames Path Challenges. Have a look at their website for more ideas.
Other fundraising ideas
Challenge events aren’t everyone’s idea of fun and there are plenty of other ways to get involved:
- Organise a dress down day – Ask your workplace or local school to hold a dress down day in return for a small donation from staff/pupils.
- Hold a coffee morning and bake sale – invite friends and family to come round for coffee to buy home made cakes and biscuits. You could even do this at work or school!
The world is your oyster when it comes to fundraising and if you’ve got an idea that’s not on this list you can always get in touch with our fundraising team to discuss it.
If you’re looking for inspiration you can look at our fundraising hall of fame to see what others have done.
Whatever event you decide to take part in, be it an organised challenge event or one of your own making, our fundraising team will be on hand to support you throughout providing all the support and tools you need. We can provide information on:
- Setting up a Virgin Money Giving fundraising page to receive online sponsorship
- How to maximise your sponsorship
- How to receive your free Migraine Trust athletic vest and other fundraising materials such as balloons, leaflets and collection buckets.
If you’ve got any questions or would like to request any fundraising materials then please do get in touch via our contact form or call 0203 9510 150 – we’ll be happy to hear from you!