6th December 2019
Take part in a trial for a new medication for people who are prone to migraine without aura
MAC are seeking research participants to take part in a study at their Manchester clinic from November 2019 to July 2020
What is the study about?
MAC are researching a new medication for people who are prone to migraine attacks, specifically migraines without aura (common migraine) typically suffering from 1 – 8 attacks per month. The main purpose of this study is to test a new migraine treatment which works in a different way compared with existing medicines. We will investigate whether the study drug is effective at treating a migraine type headache induced in our clinic in Manchester. Patients taking part in the study will receive either the study drug or placebo.
Who can take part?
Key inclusion criteria:
- Female or male aged 18 to 55
- Diagnosed with migraine without aura and typically suffering from 1-8 attacks per month
- Must have positive outcomes with Triptans for their migraine attacks
- Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range of 18-32(inclusive)- minimum weight 50kg
- Must be willing and able to comply with study restrictions and to remain at the clinic for the required duration and willing to return to the clinic for the follow-up visit
- Must be in otherwise good health
Key exclusion criteria:
- Individuals with a clinically significant illness other than migraine
- Current history of another headache disorder
- History of smoking or use of nicotine containing products within 3 months of screening. This includes e-cigarettes.
If I take part, what will it involve?
This trial will run at MAC’s central Manchester clinic from November 2019 to July 2020.
No. of Visits: 1 screening visit, a 2-night residential stay, 1 follow up visit over 6 weeks.
Compensation: Up to £805 for participation plus reasonable travel and transport.
Number of recruits: 360 patients with migraine without aura.
For further information:
To register your interest in this study please click here.
Any additional queries, please contact MAC Manchester on 0161 274 1603